Saturday, September 16, 2006

Time is flying by, and fall is definately here. This is my favorite time of the year. Here in the Pacific Northwest it is beautiful. Right now we are having plenty of rain and my garden is very happy. I got the newest Somerset Studio last night and cant't wait to get to work so I can read it. I love having a job that allows me plenty of time for reading. I've actually just started reading murder mysteries for the first time. What a fun frivolous activity. My friend Kathy, came to play in my art studio on Wed. We had such a great day. Since taking over the living room and dining room I have plenty of places to work. Target had a closeout sale and I got 4 of those great big (6') folding plastic tables...yipee. We worked in encaustic and collage. Kathy was in heaven and finished 4 Egyptian flavored pieces that are beautiful. I wanted to get pictures of them before she left, but never got around to it. I spent most of the day making new encaustic medium. Boy does it take a long time to melt damar. At the begining of the process, I commented on how silly it is to spend so much more to buy already make encaustic medium. By the end, I was sure that no matter how much they charged, it was a great deal. lol What a mess, it looked like an Ethel and Lucy episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home