Sunday, August 26, 2007

On Sat. Aug 25th 2007 Vicki died in my arms after a long battle with colon cancer. She came into my life 16 years ago as an approximately 3 week old feral kitten. I bottle fed her and had to teach her how to use a litter box. She claimed me as her mother and nursed on my finger at bed time for much of her life. She was quite the princess and loved to be the center of attention. She had a tiny high pitched mew and as you can see from the picture, beautiful blue eyes. She was a great source of joy and affection and she is greatly missed. I am so glad she is finally free from her illness. This is the second loss of a beloved fur friend in two weeks. My house is not the same. I will grieve AND now turn my attention to the celebration of still having Peanut (the last of my 3 cats) in my life. She misses her life long companions, but always wanted to be an only child and will enjoy the undivided attention.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dear One,

We are so grateful to be with you in this time of passing and mourning. Be blessed as you continue to walk through gate after gate in the west until you see the light shining brightly around all that you love and adore.

All our tender love and support,

David and Mattie

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger di2727 said...

Dear Ellison

I will remember Vicki and Tin Tin with great affection. I know how dear all of your lovely creatures are to you, and how much comfort and strength they have given you throughout all these years. I am sending you love and prayers, wishing I could be there to give you many hugs. You are loved. Remember them, as they will you. di

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home